Reflection

It has been a great three months of learning to improve my communication skills. Looking back at the goals that were set earlier, I became more vocalize. I am not afraid to share my opinion with everyone. The most memorable moment was during the presentation. This was the first time that I was stuck and loss of words in front of my audience. Instead, this incident has helped me to understand how does it feel to be in such a position. It allows me to keep my calm under tremendous pressure. I believed this incident will build my confidence for the upcoming presentation. It was ashamed that my team didn't have the opportunity to present for the showcase.

I do enjoy the atmosphere of the showcasing from my fellow course mates. Being an audience wasn't really an easy task as we need to try to understand what are the teams are trying to pitch to us. The best thing about this showcase were the judges. Even though I wasn't presenting, I can feel the adrenaline in each member of the team when they try to impress them. It wasn't easy to answer questions from both the audience and the judges.

To conclude, I am glad that this module was given to us. It has helped me in being able to be much more confident when I need to give a pitch to any strangers. I have also learnt a lot on how to paraphrase my words properly and learn to write a formal letter.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Germain,

    Thank you for this detailed reflection. I appreciate that you made an effort to address your module goal of becoming more vocal and the degree to which you achieved that. You certainly showed great effort at achieving that as you spoke up in class and in the many talking opportunities.

    I'm also happy to learn that you valued the in-class oral presentation experience, even though you stumbled a bit. You're correct in noting that you should be able to build on that and improve in future talks.

    I also appreciate your comments on the showcase. You and your team might not have a chance to present, but I'm happy to see that you were paying attention and learning from the experience of others.

    Overall, you made a very solid effort this term. It was my pleasure to work with you. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Introduction

Product summary draft on GPS Insight